NOT OFFERED IN 2019
EXT DAY: $1395
Riders can expect an hour-and-a-half ride in the morning, followed by horse care, lunch, educational videos, and participant videos and critiques. Weather permitting, a second half-hour flat ride in the afternoon and then horse care before leaving for the evening activities.
7:30 Rider’s Breakfast
8:00 Horse’s Breakfast & Prep
8:30 Daily Lesson Review
9:00 Tack and Mount
9:30 – 11:00 Daily Lesson
11:00 Untack, Cool Out Horses, Clean Tack
11:00 – 11:30 Extra Help
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:45 Role Call & Review
1:00 – 5:00 Afternoon Activity (Course Design, Show Prep, Horsemanship Workshops, Special Guests: Equine Science with the Vet)
6:00 – 9:00 Camper Bonding (Volleyball, Frisbee, Board Games, Movie Night, Scavenger Hunt etc).
10:00 Lights Out
The curriculum includes riding theory, proper mechanics, nutrition and mental strength founded in the American Forward Riding System. We emphasize safety, control and correct positioning and confidence.
- Decorated Staff of Hunters/Jumper Trainers
- Video Analysis
- Daily Team-Building and Social Activities
- Optional: Show riders can enroll as Elite Campers, a program designed to address the needs of competition. The elite training sessions are founded on the cornerstones of psychology, conditioning and technique for riders looking to achieve higher rankings than ever before.
- Practice for a collegiate IHSA/ANRC team event, including a Program Ride, a Medal round, an Derby course over natural obstacles, and prep for the written test.
- USHJA Horsemanship Quiz Challenge (HQC) Prep
- Unofficial Ranking Test Show Day
Bringing your own Horse: Each student is welcome to bring their own horse for the session, which requires an additional $25 per night boarding fee.
Equipment: Riders are responsible for bringing an ASTM certified helmet, hard soled boots (1’’ heel), Chaps or Riding pants, Riding breeches, Belt, Riding Socks, Riding gloves, Riding Shirts (no Tanks)
Check In: 5pm for overnight campers on Sunday August 5th. Commuters arrive at 8AM on Monday August 6th.
Check Out: Parents are invited to attend the mock show starting at 1:00 pm. Program ends at 4:00pm.
Age & Ability: This camp is open to all ability levels. Ages 11 – 22 welcome. An “Elite Rider” program is additionally available riders interested in learning more about competition, improving equitation skills and learning an in-depth knowledge of the Forward Riding System.
Spending Money: For pizza, subs, sodas – suggested amount is $30 a week. We order pizza or subs for late evening snacks, delivered at 8:30pm.
Athletic Trainers are on site to aid in illness, injury prevention and first aid.
Weather Plan: We utilize inclement weather opportunities to focus on team building, video analysis, individual meetings and barn/ horse maintenance.
- Open to students age 11 – 22
- Students must bring their own horse or lease a St. Timothy’s School horse
- Elite Riders – Must Submit Pre-Program Assessment Material or attend the Open House for Assessments
- USEF Show Record (if available)
- Video of one performance round
* Please Note: Admission is competitive and decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Any camper who must cancel prior to camp will receive a camp credit equal to the amount of camp tuition already paid. The credit is transferable to another family member and is good for any St. Timothy’s School Summer Camp or eCamps Partner program through next summer (agreement begins at time of purchase). Any cancellation within 5 days of the start of camp will result in a camp credit minus $100 cancellation fee. Camp credits are not extended to campers who leave camp after the start of a session. CASH/CREDIT CARD REFUNDS ARE NOT OFFERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.